A free Photo Marathon in the occasion of the Car Free Sunday in Brussels on Sunday, September 22, 2019.
Exclusively on the 22nd of September, we are asking people to take photos in the Brussels-Capital Region and share them on their Instagram account with the hashtag #BSPFPhotoMarathon. Alternatively, people can also send their photos to our email account: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation is for free.
The photos should represent the real essence of the city, highlighting why Brussels is a worthy place of visiting and discovering. The photos should be in the theme of Street Photography, meaning not-posed, real-life situations happening in the city. Photos can be in black and white or in color. They can have Instagram filters or enhancements as long as they don’t disrupt the reality of the photo. Only photos that are taken and uploaded to Instagram (or sent to our email) on the 22nd will be considered.
The best picture will be printed as a postcard promoting the photographer and given to visitors for free as a souvenir of the city during the fourth edition of the Brussels Street Photography Festival this 4-6 October 2019.
The sole winner will be announced during the week of the 23-29 September.
Rules and conditions
- – Participation is for free.
- – Only pictures that were taken and shared/sent on Sunday, September 22, 2019, will be eligible to win the prize.
- – Only pictures uploaded to Instagram with the tag #BSPFPhotoMarathon will be considered. In the case of not having Instagram, the picture can be sent to email@example.com. The format should be jpg/jpeg.
- – If selected as the winner, we will contact you to get a higher resolution file (for the print) and your contact details.
- – You are the sole owner of your picture and the BSPF will not keep the intellectual property of any picture participating in the Photo Marathon. The whole point is to promote your work, increase awareness of the BSPF and highlight the city of Brussels.
- – You grant the BSPF the use of your name and pictures in any publicity material as for promotional purposes for a maximum of three (3) years without further compensation. Your pictures will not be used for commercial purposes or sold to a third-party.
- – Pictures submitted must comply with basic tenets of appropriate content. No defamatory, sexually explicit, obscene, or abusive subject matter will be accepted.